Snagit - How to use?

sheila.weston 22:48 PM 02 May 11

I have downloaded the free version of snagit for selecting text etc and copying to other documents. But I cannot understand the directions. I want to select an error message (for example) to send to a colleague. What do I do? In the open snagit window I select the capture tab, then 'an object on the screen', then on the right-hand window select text, then email (I want to send it to someone). Then what? How do I select the text? Thanks for any help.

sheila.weston 10:47 AM 03 May 11

Yes, I have looked at the tutorials, but don't see how to 'select and capture'. Say I select from the basic capture profiles 'a region to file', I have tried left- and right-clicking the mouse without any result. I have tried selecting by pressing down the left mouse-button and drawing with the cursor. Nothing happens.

sheila.weston 11:01 AM 03 May 11

I think that I have got it now, thank you. I wasn't seecting/pressing the capture button at the rhs of the screen. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November