Snagit - How to use?

sheila.weston 22:48 PM 02 May 11

I have downloaded the free version of snagit for selecting text etc and copying to other documents. But I cannot understand the directions. I want to select an error message (for example) to send to a colleague. What do I do? In the open snagit window I select the capture tab, then 'an object on the screen', then on the right-hand window select text, then email (I want to send it to someone). Then what? How do I select the text? Thanks for any help.

sheila.weston 10:47 AM 03 May 11

Yes, I have looked at the tutorials, but don't see how to 'select and capture'. Say I select from the basic capture profiles 'a region to file', I have tried left- and right-clicking the mouse without any result. I have tried selecting by pressing down the left mouse-button and drawing with the cursor. Nothing happens.

sheila.weston 11:01 AM 03 May 11

I think that I have got it now, thank you. I wasn't seecting/pressing the capture button at the rhs of the screen. Many thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED