Snag with indiviiduall folders for incoming mail

newearwax 06:23 09 Dec 05
  Taff™ 07:59 09 Dec 05

I think they will all end up in the first e-mail address folder. Try sending individual test messages to test out the message rule.

mgmcc 08:31 09 Dec 05

Have you set up your "Message Rules" correctly so that emails with a particular address are redirected to the relevant folder?

What it is unlikely to do is put a single message into multiple folders on the basis that you've entered several addresses.

I'm not sure whether by "Identities" you mean your various email addresses or the actual "Identities" feature in Outlook Express, which allows multiple instances of the program to be run, so that individual users in effect have their own copy of it. (From the menus, "File > Identities > Manage Identities")

newearwax 09:57 09 Dec 05

To clarify matters I meant my various email addresses as [email protected] [email protected] etc ( pusnet neing my idp) In identities there is onlt the main identity. I have created 5 folders that bypass the defult inbox, of which 3 are set up to receive mail addressed to specific people in my household. It is there I am writing about.

The fouth is to be set up to mail from vertain addresses e.g. fora to whom I have allocated other addresses with my isp. Anything else to these other addresses is intended to go to the default inbox.

I hope it is clear what I want to do.

DieSse 10:53 09 Dec 05

As mgncc says, all mail will go into the main Inbox unless you set rules to make it different. Go to Tools - Message Rules - Mail to set the rules.

mgmcc 11:07 09 Dec 05

Go into "Tools > Message Rules > Mail" and set up a New Mail Rule.

1. Select the conditions for your rule - tick "Where the To line contains people

2. Select the Actions for your rule - tick "Move it to the specified folder

3. Rule description - Edit the "contains people" link and enter the email address (because this will appear in the "To" field). Edit the "specified" folder to point to the target folder for that email address.

Then do the same for all other addresses/folders.

newearwax 16:38 09 Dec 05

Thanx all seems to work now. I am going to deal with the items from fora and groups that I wish to go in to a special folder as well. However I note that the *from* iline both in the inbox list amd also in the opened emails from the Yahoo Groups show the from line as the originator of the post in question and the *to* line in the opened email is the address of the forum, e.g. [email protected]

Will I, by using the forum address is my message rules under option *whre the to line contains people*, be able to direct those itmes to the folder I create?

mgmcc 20:08 09 Dec 05

Yes, if that address appears in the message's "To:" field, then a Message Rule will filter it to the selected folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…