SNAFU with error 0xc0000006

Phil2430 12:33 06 Sep 03

Thanks to all who responded to original query. I have now been able to do a clean install of Win XP Home. Boot ups ok but unable to load files because of error message 0xc0000006 "system failed to initialize". Some installation programs will take me so far then report I/O device error unable to load file with file name. I have googled Windows XP Home with error message 0xc0000006. All replies welcome, thanks in anticipation. The presssure is now on because she who must be obeyed requires sytem to be full functional for course work.

Barrie_G 13:04 06 Sep 03

is it reading the program cd ok?

Phil2430 17:20 06 Sep 03

Hello Barrie_G

The offending drive is a Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616Q with drivers loaded from Win XP disk. I have been able to do a partial restore of software provided with the system. It seems to pick and choose which disks to play up with. I can view the contents of the offending disks using explorer. It is annoying to load a set of drivers from a disk and not to load all the various drivers on that disk. I have had a total blow out on the AOL installation disk for instance. The system is running with no sound, unable to load drivers for on board sound chip. I have tried unsuccessfully to copy installation files on to hard drive, once more the dreaded I/O error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…