SMTP server, open and close with Outlok Express?

Mister Splendid©® 15:30 26 Jul 04

I have Free SMTP Server to send email from my own domain name. Is there a way to make this automatically open and close with Outlook Express6 as Windows Messenger does (Windows XP Pro).

Diodorus Siculus 16:17 26 Jul 04

A couple of ways:

create a batch file to run both OE and FreeSMTP together - this will at least get it to open. Closing I don't know.

Try NetLauncher:

NetLauncher is a Win95/98/NT program that sits idle on your system tray. and waits for you to make a Dial-up Networking connection. When it senses a connection or a disconnection event, it will launch or close programs that you've configured. Perfect for launching email clients. Web Servers and most window applications.

click here

Mister Splendid©® 21:16 26 Jul 04

Thank-you, I'll try creating a batch file, that will get over the problem of forgetting to open the smtp server and having to attempt to send twice. NetLauncher won't do it for me as I am on adsl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…