smtp problem with ISP

Mjones68 16:20 12 Aug 07

Hi,

I hope that someone can help.

My brother’s just moved to Ireland and has setup broadband with click here. This appears to be a mobile internet connection (a small ‘mouse’ type device that plugs into the USB port in his laptop). We understand that click here do not provide an smtp service, in that he can’t send email from Outlook but he can receive them into Outlook through the normal ‘pop.tiscali.co.uk’ route. He can still send emails by going on line into his tiscali account, but he would of course prefer to send/receive all emails into Outlook. Does anyone have any idea how he can get around this problem?

Thanks very much

Technotiger 16:28 12 Aug 07

In Outlook try changing the SMTP Port number to 465.

I don't use Outlook but he should go to his Outlook Account and then into Properties I believe, to find the SMTP Port number.

I can't guarantee this will work, but it did when I changed it the same in a friends computer who was having a similar problem. Hope that makes sense - I'm Irish too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…