SmitfraudFix - computer cleaner

romford 18:37 27 Jul 06

Hi, I downloaded a piece of software from the web named 'SmitfraudFix'which purports to scan the computer, including the registry, and scours it of ALL viruses, trojans, spyware. It only operates when Windows is started Safe Mode. Has anyone any experience of this software, please ?

rawprawn 18:43 27 Jul 06

Just did a quick searclick here
Stick to our well tried and tested software, or scan online at click here

Totally-braindead 18:47 27 Jul 06

Never heard of it hence I am a bit suspicious.

curlylad 18:56 27 Jul 06

romford

The tool you refer to is used to help remove a particular type of virus/malware from a system.
If a system is infected with an infection such as SpywareQuake or SpyFalcon then the smitfraud tool is used.

I advise you not to mess around with these types of tool, you are better getting advice from a professional who knows what they are doing if you are experiencing any problems with your system.

I suggest if you are having problems then go to this link click here and follow the links on how to register there and post a HijackThis log.
I am currently training over there so know that the good people there can certainly help you out with any infections you may have if you post a HijackThis log.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:25 27 Jul 06

click here is the programme that I have used on many computers. There are many variations of this and some people try to charge but this one is spot on. It is very simple and safe to use. click here is the main page of the guy who is credited as being the first to provide a Spyaxe/Spyquake remover.

G

romford 19:47 27 Jul 06

Thanks very much to all these responses. I'll give it a miss. My son was victim of a download which messed his computer and required a $20 fee to send the software to resolve it. Against advice he paid nd the computer was cleaned. Hewas unable to use smitfraudfix because the download prevented him from opening in the required download. We did look at Hijack The download was an invitation to improve Mediaplayer.When I can get my son to look at History I'll report on the offending site.

Thanks again everybody. I'm really impressed and very grateful.

Romford

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5