Smarttargeting.com

audeal 12:05 15 Aug 08

Has anyone got any idea why I get "Waiting for smarttargetting.com..." on my task bar when I open a page on PC Advisor. I should be getting "Done". It causes me no problem but I can't understand why it is there or how to get rid of it.

I visited their web site and it was an advertising site. I did a full Virus and Spyware scan and nothing was found.

Any Ideas out there. Many thanks. Audeal.

birdface 12:09 15 Aug 08

From another thread.click here

audeal 12:23 15 Aug 08

buteman: Not much help I'm afraid. Has anyone else got an answer for me. Thanks

Dont think youve anything to worry about.Smarttargetting will be used by this site for ad purposes.Probably the server is slow at smarttargetting.
If you dont want to see the message either change view to not show status bar or install a adblocker such as adblock plus (firefox) or ie7pro for internet explorer.The add ons should also speed up pages loading for you aswell.
ie7pro
click here
adblock plus
click here
Also close browser and clean out with ccleaner (including cookies) if you go down the adblocking route.

audeal 19:13 15 Aug 08

*Raven*: Thanks for that but I think I will leave everything as they are, I can live with it but I was just curious to know what it was all about.

I will end this thread now. Thanks all. Audeal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…