SURVEY 10:44 AM 31 May 11

I use Gmail and until recently have had no problem downloading my emails into Outlook Express (via Mailwasher)and via push to my HTC Desire Smartphone. Recently I often get Outlook express refusing to download emails , reporting an error and forcing me to clear the Captcha on the gmail site. This is getting really annoying, so much so that I am tempted to ditch gmail. Once I clear the captcha all will download fie for a day or so. I also use btinternet and orange and these problems do not occur. Any ideas?

SURVEY 20:49 PM 01 Jun 11

SURVEY 15:06 PM 02 Jun 11

Will check the error number next time the problem occurs. It seems to be caused by my smartphone trying to connect when there is a poor signal and the phone saying incorrect username or password (both are corrcet).

SURVEY 08:41 AM 04 Jun 11

Ok, the problem occurred this morning. Mailwasher says - 'The authentication failed for account xxx. Bad username or password' In Outlook Express - calls for logon & password , which never works. The error codes are; Server Error )x800CCC90 and Error No. 0x800CCC92. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know