SmartMedia/ MultiMedia Cards

brambles 16:25 17 Mar 05

My daughters Toshiba has a card reader for SD/Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro/Xd/Multimedia.

Unfortunately she has a Fuji Camera that supports Smart Media - am I correct in assuming none of the available ones are substitutes for the Smart Media. If not I'll just have to connect the camera directly to the computer which seems a shame with all those reader versions available.

Brambles

Chegs ® 16:38 17 Mar 05

I doubt if any other type of card will fit into any of the other readers.A SmartMedia reader isn't very expensive(I bought mine for approx £20 a few yrs ago)I got sick of the limitations of the (Fuji)camera connections,either the chuffin' batteries would die midway thru d/l or the software would crash.I had been to Blackpool with my daughter,took dozens of pics,was trying to load them onto the PC when I found that I could only transfer about 10 images at a go.I had transfered 10,deleted these on camera,transfered another 10 and so on.I had only to transfer the last few when the software crashed(Adobe PhotoDeluxe)and in so doing,deleted ALL the images I had already copied over.The very next day,I went out and bought my reader.

pj123 16:39 17 Mar 05

Yes, you are correct. But you can buy an SM card reader from many PC outlets. Loads of multi reader cards from: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…