SmartBridgeAlerts

Newby 12:09 08 Dec 06

My PC on startup shows the following message: SmartBridgeAlerts: MOTIVE.EXE entry point not found. (This on blue title line) The message is: The ProcedureEntryPointGetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL
My PC has warned me sevetal times rhat I have just recovered from a critical crash and "all the timw" now it keeps telling me that the programme is not responding - so, I end up closing the progamme and losing my work. Frequently when I open a sub folder on a web site it ceases to respond either on opening or trying to close. Any suggrstions please. I have loaded various programmes and have used sydtem restore several times but the results are the same.

rawprawn 12:17 08 Dec 06
  VoG II 12:29 08 Dec 06
  Newby 23:31 08 Dec 06

Thank you VoG™, I seem to have (touch wood) cured thePSAPI.EXE problem be a search and name change. I still, however am suffering -A LOT - from program not responding. I'm not sure if this is to do with IE7.0 or not. I've used system restore to take me back prior to installing (purchased Serif ) programmes but I'm still getting the non response all the rime. I don't really want to reformat my hard drive again. I may have to try driver verifier - but I don't know which driver. I suppoce if I were to systematically go through and reload drivers from internet or CD's I guess that might do it.
Any further ideas? Thank you all so far, I have hopefully got one problem out of the way.

birdface 00:01 09 Dec 06

Might be a good idea Just to go back to IE6,See If you get rid of your problem,You can do it through Add Remove ,When in Add Remove make sure show updates at the top has a tick on it,Delete IE7, It automatically goes back to IE6.

Newby 12:11 09 Dec 06

rawprawn,VoG™ and buteman, Thank you all. I opened upIE7 again and had the same non-response and was advised to click on a link which I did. Net result - it took me to a Yahoo website. I have signed up to the free Yahoo and retained my NTL email address (and made provision for NTL homepage). Touch wood, the problem of non response may be cured. If I come back again you'll know it is not. In the meantime - thank you all.
Newby Stanley AKA redeyenewby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…