Smartbridge alerts:MotiveSB.exe

Bunts43 14:32 22 Nov 06

When my computer starts up,an oblong box appears with the following message.
The proceedure entry point getprocessfilename W could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll
Can anyone explain what this means?
I have just gone on broadband and this happened just after downloading Internet Explorer 7

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 22 Nov 06

1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Sprint...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

Bunts43 15:42 22 Nov 06

My thanks to Fruit Bat for your help.The alert has disappeared from my start up page.
thanks again Bunts

birdface 15:42 22 Nov 06

If with NTL, Just keep deleting it, They are working on it, Or follow Fruit Bats Instructions if you want to stop it running at start up, With NTL it is a Broadband Medic Problem.Dont know about BT.

freaky 18:55 22 Nov 06

I'm on NTL Broadband...and as stated above the problem is with Broadband Medic. Possibly BT BB also use this program.

In my case I renamed PSAPI.DLL....this stops the box appearing and Broadband Medic from working !

birdface 19:02 22 Nov 06

Unfortunately if you want broadband medic to work , You have to go back to IE6,Like I said they are working on it, And should have a fix on it soon.You know that if you are an NTL customer, And dont have The TV package included, That you can now get 40 Digital channels free, Either one off payment of £25 instalation charge, Or a £1 a month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now