Smart Restore

Strawballs 15:36 23 Oct 05

I am having trouble with a friends machine.
It had over 500 spyware programs on it when I run adaware and quite a few viruses that AVG dealt with when I installed it but it left it with a VB Scipt file missing that is causing all sorts of problems so we decided to use the smart restore partion on the hard drive as it did not come with any sort of O/S disc but when we try to access smart restore it just says missing file and goes no further does anybody have any suggestions as to where we go from here.

Strawballs 16:30 23 Oct 05

^

woodchip 16:38 23 Oct 05

what is the vb file

Strawballs 16:39 23 Oct 05

First run.vbs

woodchip 16:53 23 Oct 05

check hear to see if anything will help click here=

sinbad1 17:15 23 Oct 05

what os and is the smart restore part of the hidden partition of packard bell comp?

Strawballs 18:09 23 Oct 05

Win xp home and yes it is a Packard Bell

Strawballs 18:29 23 Oct 05

I have found a download on the Packard Bell site to create a cd to take you straight to the partion if the smart restore in the program files or pressing F11 on bootup dowes not work, have just put it on CD will be going back round to the friends later will get back and let you all know how I get on thanks for suggestions till now. (now I know why I insisted on getting a machine with OS disk when I bought my Laptop and desktop is self build with OEM disk)

sinbad1 19:18 23 Oct 05

could be hidden partition may be currupt? he should have 2/3 recovery discs and a floppy restore.There is a repair smart restore option on the floppy /recovery disk's;but you would need to search for it on the disc's.If he has no recovery disc's then he will need to contact PB for replacement disk's.

regards

Strawballs 00:58 24 Oct 05

Sinbad1 tried downloaded disk but seemed to be for 98se so have told friend to phone PB but since then have found another on the PB site so will try that next time I see them, thanks for all suggestions so far and will keep everybody informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…