smart media card error

AndreP 07:43 23 May 03

My sister has recently got back from getting married in Jamaca. She had some photo's of the wedding taken by guests as well as some offical ones. When she got home all the card say's is card error. It has been tried in four different Fuji camera's all with the same result. I have even tried it in my card reader and it does not even see it. Please can you give me some idea's as it would be terrible if she/we can not retreive them.

anchor 09:37 23 May 03

I read this on the Fuji site: It sounds as though the pictures are lost. Maybe some else, may be able to suggest a remedy that will help.

Why am I getting a 'Card error message'?

The smart media card may have been damaged. This problem occurs when the card is removed before the card reader has finished or dismounted.

Go to 'my computer' and right click onto the removable disk icon and then click on eject prior to removing the card. If this procedure is not followed, the card can get spiked and it damages the CIS - which renders the card unusable. Try formatting the card in the camera, if this still fails then the card is ruined and can no longer be used.

hssutton 09:43 23 May 03

the card is probably damaged, but just ib case look here. click here

anchor 08:53 24 May 03

Just come across this site

click here

You never know, they may be able to help, as the pics are so important. Worth a try!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…