Smart Bridge Alerts:Motive SB.exe

philipsdad 15:20 15 Dec 06

Whenever I turn on my PC and after my Windows has come up, I get the following message:-
Smart Bridge Alerts: Motive SB. exe
Entry point not found.
The procedure entry point GETPROCESSIMAGEFILENAMEW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it/get rid of it?
Please help and advise. Many thanks.

anskyber 15:21 15 Dec 06

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

VoG II 15:22 15 Dec 06

ourtesy of anskyber:

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively,
1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here

VoG II 15:22 15 Dec 06

Oops! :o)

anskyber 15:22 15 Dec 06

A little slow today!!

PhiltheFragger 19:22 15 Dec 06

or you can hit Start, Run,
type msconfig

Select start up

take the tick out of the box next to "BT help notifier"

ok, close

Bob is your uncle

podzol 11:04 16 Feb 07

I have just encountered this problem, which has caused a comms error message on my Epson printer which refuses to print. This is solvable by switching it off for a minute and then on again but is a nuisance. I have followed the advice on unticking Motive on msconfig/startup; that fixes the alert window but not the printer problem. Similarly with renaming PSAPI.dll, which also does not fix the printer comms error. I have no problem with an old Panasonic 24 pin machine I use for rough work.

anskyber 11:16 16 Feb 07

The smartbridge issue is just a desktop helper which should not involve the actual comms with the printer. It sounds as if you should try reinstalling the drivers for the printer.

Sometimes if you unplug the USB to the printer(assuming it is a USB printer) go into device manager and uninstall the printer drivers, reconnect the printer and switch it on it should find the drivers again. If not re installing from the printer CD or checking you printers web site for the latest drivers will be required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…