Smart Bridge Alerts: Motive SB.exe- Entry point??

Bez 15:36 12 Nov 06

A few days ago I upgraded to IE7, since then every time I start the XP home edition I get the message in a box labled:"Smart Bridge Alerts: Motive SB.exe-Entry point not found."
Inside that box is another message:"The procedure entry point Get Process Image File Name W could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.
What must I do to stop this message appearing?

anskyber 16:10 12 Nov 06

BT and some NTL broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT (or NTL) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe.)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

Bez 22:06 12 Nov 06

Thank you for your help,anskyber, the renaming has worked.
Bez

haroldT 14:41 09 Jul 07

Further confirmation. Similar syptoms, Smartbridge appearing upon booting up - more a nuisance. This was stopped via C:\ Program Files\ntl\broadband\medic\smartbridge - identify PSAPI.DLL [in lower case] and remove the final 'L' then reboot and the Smartbridge window was gone. When closing down I noticed that I closed out more quickly than before. My set up had needes TWO 'Start/Shut down computer' operations to close out. This is no longer needed. This 'close down' was symptomatic of PSAPI.DLL.

I had four 'programme file that contained the dreaded PSAPI.DLL. I checked all four and only one was successful.

If you have Samartbridge ..... Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017