Smart bridge alert,PSAPI.DLL.

Mixson 18:43 09 Dec 06

Ever since my blueyonder Internet Explorer downloaded an upgrade I have had a problem. Every time I turn the pc on I get Smart bridge Alerts:blueyonder entry point not found. With the following: The procedure entry point Get Process Image file name W could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.
What does it mean? This is my first pc and I am clueless! Please help.

VoG II 18:49 09 Dec 06
  zarobian 08:14 10 Dec 06

Or you can go to Documents & Settings folder click on your name. From the list select My Recent Documents folder.Open this folder and then double click on the SmartBridge folder. From the list change pspi.dll to pspiold.dll. Save and close.
Restart your computer. The message will disappear.

'Z'

Mixson 15:26 10 Dec 06

I have tried what you both kindly suggested, but the problem is the same. Any more advice on PSAPI.DLL?

VoG II 16:43 10 Dec 06

Did you try disabling Motive Communications or Motive SB using msconfig click here

zarobian 17:02 10 Dec 06

I had the same problem when I upgraded to IE7. This message does not come up using IE6.

My problem was fixed by renaming the PSPI.dll file. Although this is not a permanant fix just a work arround.

I am using Telewest Broadband and the Instant Support Tool is responsible for it.

Any how follow VOG's suggestions.

zarobian 17:05 10 Dec 06

The file name is PSAPI.DLL.Excuse typo please.

zarobian 17:24 10 Dec 06

I just had another search. Go to Program Files. Click on the + sign to expand it. Do the same for Blueyonder IST. Under this folder click to open SmartBridge. Now from the right hand pane locate PSAPI.DLL file and rename it as suggested.
I am sure this will get rid of the error report.

Mixson 18:20 10 Dec 06

Thankyou both very much for your advice. I now seem to have sorted the problem with your help.
again thanks.

zarobian 15:30 11 Dec 06

Glad to be of any help. Please check the Resolved box to close this thread. Thanks.

'Z'

squillary 04:07 18 Dec 06

> Although this is not a permanant fix just a workaround.

The issue is with the supplier of psapi.dll , not IE7 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced