Small screen resolution, big icon problems!!

sam2004 22:09 07 Apr 05

Hi, I have got a computer with a really small display. There is, automatically a problem with small displays, you cant read all the programmes are open in the taskbar (if you have more than two open). I belive the area of the taskbar with the clock and some icons in is called the "system tray".

Well, cut the story: how do i remove icons that i dont need from the "system tray"?

Thanks, Sam2004

N.B. I can still access these programmes from the programmes menu so i'm not loosing any functionability.

DieSse 22:12 07 Apr 05

You can always make the takbar taller - then it will show more. Simply put the muose pointer on the top edge of it - the pointer will turn itno a double-headed vertican arrow - then click and hold the left mouse button, and drag the top edge upwards.

I prefer and run mine like that always.

VoG II 22:12 07 Apr 05

It sounds like you need to update your graphics drivers and / or change the screen resolution.

Run click here and tell us what it says about your display.

DieSse 22:13 07 Apr 05

pls excuse the tacky typing.

sam2004 22:17 07 Apr 05

i'm waiting for a new graphics card, because the existing one is totally useless!

I'll go upstairs to that computer and run that download

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…