small prob

Daiol 09:01 21 Jan 08

Hi,My little tv screens seemed to have dissapeared from my usual spot next to the clock,ive gone into connections and unchecked the boxes to show icon the re checked and its fine the tv icon are there but when i restart my pc the following day the little tvs are not there i have also tried right click on task bar then customise and set the icon to always show,any ideas please?.daiol

birdface 09:51 21 Jan 08

Does any of the Icons show. If none of them show you have to go back to customize,And pick any one from current items and set it to always hide.Ok apply ok.

brundle 09:56 21 Jan 08
  Daiol 11:47 21 Jan 08

buteman.yes the clock, bluetooth,antivirus and the two tv screens,but if i reboot my pc after complete startup the two little tv screens are not there i have to go into properties etc to show them.hope you undestand what i'm trying to explain.thanks.

cocteau48 12:13 21 Jan 08

I get this problem occasionally with one or two icons missing and it is down to a well known glitch in XP.
Have a read here:
click here
Personally I have found that logging off and on (note log off/on - not a reboot)cures the problem.

birdface 12:48 21 Jan 08

The next time you get it.Double click it.Click on properties.General.Make sure show icon in notification area is ticked.Ok

birdface 13:04 21 Jan 08

Have you pressed the little arrow to open the quick start items.That should open it up so that you can see any hidden Icons.

Daiol 14:00 21 Jan 08

all sorted now thanks,i fiddled about with all your tips seems okay now thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…