//some 3rd party need geo

Small office network problem

The network, established 3 - 4 yrs, comprises 3 computers running Win98 and a 'server' runing Win NT. All are connected via a 5 port Belkin network switch. The network failed and because all of the link lights on the switch were flickering I decided to replace. I now have one computer, Win 98, which fails to give a green link light at the switch and cannot log on. I replaced the network card in that machine but the problem persists. An alternative computer attached to the ethernet cable confirms that the cable is sound with a green link light at the switch. Where do I look next ?

Jak_1 19:49 02 Mar 05

Have you tried re-establising the link in win98, deleteing the old info and re-setting it up again. It may be that the link has become corrupted on the drive as you know the hardware is sound.

Just a thought.

Jak_1. Not yet. All thoughts gratefully received. Possible remedies will be tried tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…