A small movie camera for making YouTube Vids.

Picwayze 10:37 03 Nov 10

Hi there folks,
I am a hobby photographer from Birmingham, and now in my dotage, I have started to make the occasional video for YouTube, to amuse myself and show off my guitar skills.! Yeah... okay! I know.

A5t the moment I am using a Logitech Webcam to make the videos. It's okay, but sometimes the refresh rate is jerky.

I could use my Nikon 5400, but that has only 3 minutes movie-time, which isn't long enough for most jazz numbers.

I have used a Fuji compact with video facility, but that records lots of background noise and from echoes.

So which if any movie-camera will accept a bypass of the built-in mike? That would enable me to feed in a signal from from the line-out of my sound mixer/sound card. So I record direct, sound and vision without any external noise.
Has anyone any knowledge of such a video camera. It doesn't have to be high end, so long as I can download the resulting video to my PC, where I can convert it for uploading to YouTube.

Thanks In Anticipation.

Regards
'Hookie' Walker.

Nontek 11:01 03 Nov 10
  RobCharles1981 11:27 03 Nov 10

I'm an avid youtube user and I use the Sony HDR SR10E Its a Handycam which records in full HD and 5.1 Surround sound one of the best cameras I brought!

Picwayze 11:49 03 Nov 10

Thanks you folks.
Your help is much appreciated.
At least I have somewhere to start. The front facing monitor on the Canon is also an added bonus.
Much obliged

regards

Hookie.

Nontek 15:13 03 Nov 10

The monitor can of course be flipped, to view either side.

Paddylad 19:15 03 Nov 10

Hi, I bought a Busbi digital video camera last year and get great results from it. It's about
10cm x 5cm x2cm. Type the words into Google and have a look at it. I can make movies up to a little over 2 hours.

woodchip 19:44 03 Nov 10

What about one of these, click here=
Price only reflected in more storage card. click on one to get info

GaT7 20:09 03 Nov 10

Good find woodchip :-). Can't go wrong for the price!

Some good user reviews at click here & click here (click on the authors' names to read). G

Picwayze 18:47 04 Nov 10

Thanks again. Problem solved and all the advice and help appreciated.

Regards
Hookie

Nontek 19:02 04 Nov 10

Good, thanks for your feedback- it would be of interest to know which was your final choice !

woodchip 22:07 04 Nov 10

May get one myself for £20

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…