Small issue with Google Chrome

vassos 07:42 AM 08 Aug 11

Due to an array of trojans and viruses, my PC spent two days in a workshop being thoroughly cleaned out. On return IE and Firefox had gone and I installed Google Chrome. Bit of a change after all these years but I find it very slick and in general it works well. I still find it difficult to do one or two things which I had previously taken for granted but I'll get there. One glitch I cannot overcome to date is: On opening my internet banking site, I find the text size is tiny. There appears to be no way to fix it.There is text size control under the spanner at the top but that doesn't have any effect on the bank site. Any ideas pls.

muddypaws 08:24 AM 08 Aug 11

Does the 'Zoom' not work under the spanner? Also zoom with Ctrl + scroll wheel.

vassos 08:45 AM 08 Aug 11

Muddypaws, yes it certainly does but has no effect on the text size when I open the bank site and unlike IE, there is no tool menu showing now to make adjustments.

Woolwell 10:32 AM 08 Aug 11

It is odd that the size does not change with the zoom. However have a look at options under the spanner and then under the bonnet and web content font size.

vassos 18:03 PM 08 Aug 11

It would help if I could find "under the bonnet". It doesn't show when I click on options. The PC engineer who worked on the thing has no idea how I can correct this either.

rawprawn 18:35 PM 08 Aug 11

It may be sensible to uninstall chrome, run a cleaner such as Ccleaner then re install Chrome

Woolwell 20:35 PM 08 Aug 11

There should be 3 choices on the left when you click on options - Basic, Personal Stuff and Under the Bonnet. If any are missing then an uninstall and reinstall is probably the best way forward.

vassos 20:39 PM 08 Aug 11

OK Guys, I found it and all is well. Many thanks.

vassos 10:06 AM 09 Aug 11

The crazy thing is now that I have my bank details big enough to read, the rest of my sites etc., are massive. Can't figure out how to achieve a standard text size across the board.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites