Small hard disks

bobbyp 14:34 13 Mar 03

Does anyone know where I can buy a NEW small hard disk from these days e.g 10Gb. I know that 40Gb are only ~£50, but I only need one to install a couple of games (~4Gb) so I don't really need one that big. I can get them off ebay but they are not normally new.
Any help welcome.

stlucia 14:47 13 Mar 03

I think you'll find that 20Gb is the smallest generally available these days, and the cost seems to be about the same as you've seen for the 40Gb versions. So, why not go for it?

bobbyp 15:10 13 Mar 03

Oh ok - Thanks for this - just seemed like a bit of a waste of money if I know I'm only going to use a bit of it. However, like you say 20gb doesn't seem to a be a lot different in price to 40gb so by that logic 10gb is probably not much different in price to 20gb. Perhaps I'll just go for it anyway like you say.

lemon2 15:52 13 Mar 03

There are a few small hard disks on Ebay, for about £5-10. But you take the risk that they are second hand, have been pulled from older systems and may have bad sectors on them.

Lú-tzé 15:57 13 Mar 03

If you have a look in the cex (computer exchange) shops you will see that they older disks with a one-year guarantee. I have bought and sold bits and pieces there and they are thorough in their checking of goods. click here

bobbyp 16:08 13 Mar 03

Thanks guys - not keen on buying off ebay for exactly that reason. Looked at CEX - very interesting. Didn't know about this site. However the 10gb ones are still £42, but is the only site I can find that actually sell 10Gb disks.

I may as well just plump for a 40gb one for 50 odd quid.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…