Small FAT partition on NTFS drive

ventanas 09:06 02 Jun 04

Just installed a second hard drive on a new Dell Dimension 4600 this morning. On going into disk management to sort it out I noticed that the system drive (C) has a small (47mb) FAT partition with no letter. It is labelled EISA Configuration.

I have also checked another Dell machine in the office, and this has the same partition.

Is this something parculiar to Dell? Grateful for any info anyone may have on this. Particularly do I need these partitions. A quick Google search would suggest its something to do with the old ISA bus.

recap 09:28 02 Jun 04

Yes, it's part of Dell's back up facilities or something like that for restoring the O/S.

ventanas 09:31 02 Jun 04

Thanks a lot, I understand now. I will leave well alone.

recap 09:56 02 Jun 04

All the options for the drive are greyed out by Dell so you could not do anything with it, the only thing available is help.

It is annoying as they take up a partitions for 31MB and only then use around 5MB of that.

ventanas 11:00 02 Jun 04

Thanks recap. Grateful for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…