small drive but locked whats in it? can i

frankie 17:36 27 Sep 04

i done a fresh install xp pro for a friend of mine done the format bit and f disk loaded on op system but it went to d drive i now notice c drive has a 8mg bit cant view what is in there and cant delete it..never had this before.there is only one 40gb harddrive on machine so this is a partition.prior to doing the install on his pc he had 98 trojans and viruses on it,there was one in memory which i could not get rid of downloader.11.a....done avg online scan too adaware tried everything but would not go,hence new install...i hasten to ad his machine is now bullet proof....just curious as too what this bit is

frankie 18:57 27 Sep 04

smokingbeagle² 19:06 27 Sep 04

Set the jumpers on the HDD to master without limiting it to 32Mb. Delete the unwanted partition or re-format.

frankie 23:15 27 Sep 04

thanks for response hard drive is master.done reformat to format one drive full 40gb

frankie 23:17 27 Sep 04

unwanted partion cant be deleted it says.i feel its a restore system disc locked drive its from hp pal has no restore discs nor do i i just want it gone pc is fine as is apart from that now have done reinstall

peachie 06:54 28 Sep 04

I used to have this on my machine and it was a restore system. But mine was a store bought pre-loaded system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…