Small computer and roll up keyboard for school?

Baskerville 13:36 15 Feb 08

Hi to all,

My son has Aspergers Syndrome, a form of Autism, he cannot write very well and because of this the teachers at his school are willing to help him by buying a small computer with roll up keyboard that he can roll up, pop into his bag and take it from lesson to lesson, he can then save his work or print it out at school or bring it home for printing later.
Has anyone on PCA seen anything that may be suitable for his needs?

Hope someone can help,

Many Thanks,

Baskerville.

recap 14:05 15 Feb 08

WE use a number of items for the disabled but nothing like the roll up keyboard. click here and take a look at the products as there may be something there that can help your son. Inclusive Technology is were we have purchased our diabled equipment from.

wjrt 14:17 15 Feb 08

click here
and the Asus Eee PC possibly

Belatucadrus 14:49 15 Feb 08

click here for another option.

Fermat's Theorem 14:59 15 Feb 08

I wonder does the availability of the On Screen Keyboard [from All Programs/Accesssories/Ease of Access or OSK from the Command Prompt] help. It works by putting a virtual keyboard on the screen on which your son just clicks with a mouse.

It means that he has a "keyboard" anywhere he has his computer without the need for physically rolling it up.

Hope this helps :-)

Baskerville 16:17 15 Feb 08

Thanks to all,

I have had a look at the Asus Eee PC and it may be the way forward for my son as it is very small.

I'll have more of a look over the holidays,

Many Thanks,

Baskerville.

rossgolf 16:23 15 Feb 08

maybe think of a umpc(unltramobile pc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…