Sm Bus Controller uninstalled??

De Marcus 20:41 13 Jun 05

I'm not actually experiencing any problems on this machine, it's my sons and I usually give it a once over every week (keeping an eye on him really ;-) just to make sure he hasn't been going places he shouldn't, etc, upon checking the device manager for conflicts of any kind the sm bus controller came up as:

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I thought i could just reinstall the driver from the mobo disk but it doesn't contain them and xp doesn't have a generic one for it, so.. going by the message should I be delving into the bios to see if that's where he's been fiddling as the message say's it not 'configured' properly not that the drivers aren't installed. I wouldn't know how to go about 'configuring' it through windows.

I've been through the uninstallation and add new hardware routine but no joy, I'm fresh out of ideas, anyone??

De Marcus 20:43 13 Jun 05

Sorry mobo is an Asrock K7S8X R3.0, chipset is the sis 748

De Marcus 21:08 13 Jun 05

Sorted :-) Pci/Ide Bus master was disabled in bios, what he was trying to acieve is anybody's guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…