SM Bus Controller ?

iLuminatae 14:14 15 Jun 03

I have recently upgraded my pc and installed XP Pro. After configuring the system and installing all drivers etc, I have a yellow question mark beside SM Bus Controller in the device manager. I have tried installing the drivers for this using the cd that came with my Asus P4C800 DX motherboard but everytime it says it cannot find the drivers, it then asks me to connect to the internet to search, which results in "device not installed cannot find the appropriate drivers". Am wondering what exactly the SM Bus controller does and how I can install it. My system seems to be working properly btw.

System is as follows

Asus P4C800 DX|
IntelP4 3.0 ghz 800fsb|
1024 mg PC3200|
Antec 480TrueBlue|
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro|
180 gb WD Special Edition 7200rpm|
120 gb WD 7200rpm|
40 gb Maxtor 7200rpm|
Asus 52x24x52 CDRW|
Sony DVD/CDR 16/40|
Samsung SyncMaster 955df 19" Monitor|
Klipsche Promedia 4.1|
Windows XP Pro OS|
MS Natural Multimedia keyboard|
Logitech MX500|

powerless 14:23 15 Jun 03

I like the PC spec, tasty!

SM Bus contoller...

Smart Media? Little tiny cards usally used with Digital camera.

Some computers allow the connection of devices where you can stick the card in and view the images.

Do you have anything like this on your computer?

It would be on the motherboard disc if anything.

iLuminatae 14:44 15 Jun 03

Well I do own a Sony DSC-F717 digital camera that connects with my pc via usb. But it seems to work fine.

Yeah this new pc is sweet :)

powerless 14:46 15 Jun 03

Well i have an ASUS board and you can connect a SM device. The connection is internal and it connects to the motherboard.

The USB camera is another way to connect up a camera, but you can take the cards out and shove it in a card slot.

iLuminatae 16:51 15 Jun 03

Ok - thanks powerless. From the sounds of it this should not affect the operation of my pc unless I was to someday buy one of these.

Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…