Sluggish System (2)

m800afc 13:31 18 Mar 08

Following on from my previous thread "Sluggish System", I now find when I turn on the computer, I am taken to the Windows boot manager. I am offered a choice of operating systems:
1: Win XP Pro
2: Win XP Pro Setup
I click on 1, the screen blanks for a few seconds, and I am re-offered the same options. I click 1, and the computer starts normally. This happens on all user accounts.
Any ideas chums?

stephen0205 18:25 18 Mar 08

yeah thats easy to fix , just do the following.

1. Right click on my computer
2. select properties
3. Click advanced system settings tab
4. click settings in the start up and recovery section.
5. untick the first 2 boxes and click ok.

Make shure on the drop down menu that u select the right windows partition. also check the boot path.

m800afc 00:55 19 Mar 08

I tried as you suggested Stephen0205, and it made no difference at all. I have changed the settings back to what they were. The boot loader is:

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Setup"

Perhaps the answer lies in here. It is worth noting that my main drive is not C as is usual, but J. I am loathe to change the above file because I do not know what I am doing!

MCE2K5 01:23 19 Mar 08

click here

Delete this line below

C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Setup"

MCE2K5 01:25 19 Mar 08

More info click here

m800afc 04:36 20 Mar 08

Thanks MCE2K5,
I deleted the line and the boot is back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…