Sluggish Outlook.

The Dazza 12:32 15 Aug 04

Ok, after fatal exception blue screens starting appearing I updated my Outlook express to version 6 and updated the IE. Outlook seems extremally slow now taking ages just to receive a email as small as 3kb. I'm seriously considering reinstalling my OS (98) to get rid of my fatal exceptions, would this cure the sluggish Outlook too? Cheers

Devil Monkey 14:23 15 Aug 04

Try a repair of IE which will also repair OE if necessary:

click here

GaT7 14:35 15 Aug 04

click here for 'blue screen' t'shooting. What are the exact error messages? May be worth doing a quick search at Google click here, &/or in the MS knowledgebase click here.

For the sluggish OE, if the repair doesn't work see - click here.

Also try click here for issues after installing updates. HTH, G

The Dazza 19:48 15 Aug 04

I tried google, microsoft etc and had no luck with the exact error message so I tried to reinstall the operating system, this crashed so I decided to Format c. I did this and now every time I boot up I keep getting "Wave Device for voice modem" new hardware window even though the modem is installed and working. It also isn't picking up two hard drives. In device manager there is a ! next to "Plus hardcard II" in the "hard disk controllers" type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…