Sluggish mouse

seventiesdolly 12:48 26 May 06

My mouse is a compaq one which came with my pc, and has the rollerball underneath. I have increased the speed of the pointer, but it is still frustratingly slow at moving and won't go where I want it to. Are you supposed to 'maintain' them in any way, or would I be better off buying a new one?

SANTOS7 12:52 26 May 06

you can maintain the rollerball underneath you will see a removable disc set into the bottom of the mouse its held in by lugs to remove you need to twist it a little inside apart from the ball you will see three rollers these over time get a build up of dirt and grime.
Have to say considering how much optical mice are now, launch your old un' and buy one of those...

seventiesdolly 12:56 26 May 06

Thankyou for your swift reply SANTOS7!

seventiesdolly 12:56 26 May 06 you recommend any particular make, or are they all just about the same?

Stuartli 13:00 26 May 06

Around a tenner or less these days, especially from Lidl and, occasionally, Aldi.

Many are rebadged products from A4Tech, an excellent manufacturer of these type of products, which sells both under its own name and supplies other top brand names:

click here

SANTOS7 13:02 26 May 06

aggree with Stuartli no need to spend much more than a tenner Logitech arn't to shabby

seventiesdolly 13:04 26 May 06

Thanks to both of you! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…