slowing down

tulix 11:51 10 May 03

just of late when i am downloading a large file and also doing other tasks at the same time my machine seems to slow down and run in little spurts of stop/start.i am running antivirus real time protection also maybe all these running together does not help.but i running 1800xp and 256ddr.32meg graphics on board.running xp pro.wot can i do to sort this out.tweaks hints etc.thanks

tulix 11:52 10 May 03

yes i know i need more memory.cant afford at the moment

tulix 12:50 10 May 03

otubby1 13:09 10 May 03

I've seen the word 'bump' in several threads of late. Am I missing something or is this a secret code between all you experts??

Happy1 15:49 10 May 03

Was thinking exactly the same myself but didn't like to ask. Prefer Laymans language myself.

crx1600 15:54 10 May 03

bump/refresh. it just gets your question back up to the top of page 1.

tulix,is the problem with your PC slowing down or your internet connection slowing?

VoG™ 15:55 10 May 03

Is just a way of pushing a thread to the top of the board to try to get peoples attenhtion.

tulix - have you defragged recently?

tulix 01:37 11 May 03

its my pc thats slowing down.i have not defraged of late but i have done a format.seems like my pc just cant cope of late

crx1600 01:44 11 May 03

maybe have the dodgy windows update installed click here which can cause XP systems to slow.

tulix 01:49 11 May 03

mmm interesting i will take a look at that

tulix 10:05 19 May 03

ok checked my updates its non of those.i have very little hard drive space just cant handle doing like 2 things at the same time.without it slowing down.i have done a format recently is there something in the bios that i havent size of memory or something like that.i am not exactly up to date on those issues

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…