slowing computer

astec123 23:40 30 Mar 04

my computer has recently become unstable and I cannot find out why,I recently had to reboot the entire thing and was a pretty painless process but lost a lot of data. If I open My computer the ctrl alt delete keypress tells me that it is not responding.I try to use the internet through explorer 6 and it takes a long while to bring up the connect screen!ofthe several minutes but typing in an address brings it up straight away. I use Norton Systemworks pro 2003 and i installed a programm form on of the cover disks that i didnt like called modem on hold (by ess technology inc.) and later uninstalled it but it still comes up at start up and when i connect to the web. it is not in the startup file and I have no idea if it is causing the slowdown but everything started when I uninstalled it.Norton detects no virus's and i have tried updating internet explorer, to no avail. my computer is high spec so its not struggling with the tasks amd 2600 agb ram fx5200 graphics 120gb hdd all new.

User-312386 00:21 31 Mar 04

go to start>run type msconfig

now click on the start up tab and see if the modem programme is still there or any programmes you dont want to start

click here for the list of start ups

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…