SLOW wireless connection

paulsmith602 11:30 01 Jul 06

I have a 10mb NTL connection thru my NETGEAR 812 router which is fine to my hard wired PC. However the wireless connection is running VERY slow at about 46kbs on my laptop. I have tried renewing IP address, cleaning temp folders, made sure all settings are correct on router but the connection is still slow. If I hard wire the laptop, I get lightning speeds. Please help.

Nazzarenu Boy 11:46 01 Jul 06

See if there is any interference between the router and your laptop. See if there is any wireless phones near the router. Remove any possible wi-fi emitting equipment which does not include the router etc. from near the router and the laptop.
See if there is an huge wall or some other things which are interefering with the signal.
Try to change the channel number, and probably it will increese your signal.

See the router's manual to help you changing the channel number

pinklady 10:01 05 Jul 06

have u tried ONSPEED? its an internet accelerator which is compatible with most OS, can be used for both MAC n PC too. Sits quietly in your pc/laptop, and flexible enough for you to turn it on or off. speed tests have shown that ONSPEED increases dial-up speed to 10 times. although i am on broadband, i have it installed in my laptop too. yes, broadband is fast, but i want to be faster :D

check it out at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac