Slow WiFi on new Laptop

mh84 07:34 AM 25 Feb 12

I just bought a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Really happy with it except one thing...which is pretty major I think!

It connects to my WiFi router fine, but in my bedroom, it is really slow. Works much better in other rooms in the house which are closer to the router. My old Laptop (a Sony) works fine on WiFi in the bedroom...so I think its not the WiFi signal range that is a problem.

Anyone have an ideas how I can improve the speed of the connection? I don't really want to be only using the laptop in the front room! Will Changing the channel on the router help?

Let me know if you need more info..sorry Im not very technical so keep your replies simple :)

steviekm 08:24 AM 25 Feb 12

Last month I also bought one of these laptops and had similar issues; if the laptop was more than a few feet away from the router the connection dropped and the laptop reported no networks within range. Despite many hours in trying to resolve the issue to no effect I contacted Samsung helpline and they told me to take it back for a replacement as there was a fault with the laptop. I also carried out some research and this is a well known problem with this series; I took it back and swapped it over for a HP Pavilion g6 which is absolutely fine. Hope this helps.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…