Slow webpage opening with McAfee

Woolwell 20:14 14 Oct 06

I installed McAfee Total protection 2007 today. Before you state otherwise I have read the forums which recommend free anti-virus AVG and Avast, etc. But I bought McAfee.
On installation I immediately noticed that I couldn't access my D-Link Modem router through IE6 but could through Firefox. But the major problem was the very slow opening of some webpages (slower than dial-up) and as these included this forum I was not pleased.
I uninstalled and re-installed parts of the program and eventually turned off the anti-phishing which resolved the webpage opening part but not the access to my router. I used McAfee's live technical support chat (which is quick and good) and the response was:

"Our product development team are aware of it and once any updates or patches are released it will be posted on the McAfee websites."

They know they have a problem! This may help others if they have similar problems with speed - in the meantime turn off anti-phishing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…