Slow Web Page downloads

Ankermi31 12:00 22 Apr 07

XP File System BFTS Free space 173GB Total size 186GB Orange Broadband

Am experiencing problems with web page downloads.
They are taking an age to come through. Have done as much as I can - run all antispayware (AdaWare AVG Spybot, Scan Disk, Defraged, ran M/s for disk errors etc (no problems on that) cleared out TMP Files, Cookies and off loaded some pictures etc and went back a week on restore.

Having done all the above desk top loads VERY quickly! My problems start when I connect the ISP which works fine. I could not get Orange page to download so re-set to Google no problems.
When I try to connect to sites i.e. click here this took 6 mins to come through. Then to get this far another 4 - see the problem?

Have spoken to Orange (wishey washey response that they could (note could) be working on the site) what for 3 days?

Any thoughts before I contact them again. Have not downloaded anything new. Help Ankermi who knows nothing but is trying hard to learn!

Ankermi31 12:03 22 Apr 07

Hi Guys
Sorry forgot to mention have also disabled the Phising Filter in Internet Explorer - no help either.

birdface 12:36 22 Apr 07

Have you tried turning your add-ons off.

AndySD 12:52 22 Apr 07

Are you canneting through a router and is it a wireless connection?

Ankermi31 14:38 22 Apr 07

Thanks for your prompt replies.

I use a straightforward Broadband connection - computer to telephone line.

Only have 4 add-ons, Diagnosis Connection Problems, Adobe Reader, Windows Messenger and Sun Java.

Since going off to lunch I have now re-connected and it seems to be working ok. Either I have managed to do something with "its works" or 0range have peeled the orange giving me fresh juice!

Will leave subject open for 24 hours

Many thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…