slow video in browser

bemuzed 21 Oct 11

When I watch video in a browser such as youtube it is OK for 1-2 minutes then gets jumpy for about 30 secs and restarts. Task Manager shows that jumpy video coincides with CPU usage jumping to 100%, but I cannot see any application or Process causing this jump. Happens with Firefox and Chrome.

rdave13 21 Oct 11

Are you updated to the latest flash player, Adobe.

johnnyrocker 21 Oct 11

what connection speed have you and anything else running at the same time?

johnny

bemuzed 22 Oct 11

Adobe is up to date and internet speed is 3Mbps. It plays DVDs OK.

Terry Brown 22 Oct 11

At 3 Mbs, I assume that is the Maximum speed, which is rather slow for Video watching, escecially if the video's are in a High defination format. DVD's are a different subject as they run via the Processor & graphic card and do not rely on an external source.

It seems that the automatic quality control ( adjust video input to match your computer) has been upgraded and you now have to set it yourself.

Have a look at link for further advice.

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=youtube+-+adjust+quality&pbx=1&oq=youtube+-+adjust+quality&aq=f&aqi=g-b1&aql=1&gssm=e&gsupl=6062l13703l1l14234l19l13l0l2l2l0l859l4702l2-6.3.3.0.1l14l0&bav=on.2,or.rgc.rpw.,cf.osb&fp=6070734588b6ef9b&biw=1024&bih=535

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message