slow switching off

Daiol 21:13 27 Jul 07

Hi.all of a sudden over the last 2 to 3 weeks my pc has gone very slow in turning off,I go to start -Turn off computer-then the next option [the box with three options] takes a long time to come up on screen,ive done all spyware,spybot,ccleaner internet files etc and done defrag disc clean up.has anyone got any help please on this or would there be another way around this method of turning the pc off properly.Thankyou daiol.

have a look at click here
also for a bit of tune up
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:23 27 Jul 07

Op system? XP?

Shutdown problems
click here
click here
click here

birdface 23:46 27 Jul 07

When shutting down,Go to Task Manager.[Right click Taskbar.Click on Task Manager.Processes. Under CPU what programs are running.If svchost exe. turn off automatic up-dates and up-date them manually.

Daiol 09:13 28 Jul 07

buteman,i checked what you said the only thing that is showing is system idling proceser and that is running around 90's.would that be okay.

Daiol 09:17 28 Jul 07

buteman,i forgot to say when i go to restart icon it does knock off but on startup it stops on checking NVRAM it wont go further than that so i have to switch off manually then restart does that mean anything?.daiol.thanks

birdface 09:44 28 Jul 07

Yes System Idle usually runs at about 96% ,NVRAM I dont know anything about.But this gives you a little idea of what happens,click here

birdface 19:29 29 Jul 07

Hi,Any luck getting it fixed yet,I thought that someone with a bit more knowledge of your problem would have been able to give you better advice.

Daiol 07:57 05 Aug 07

sorry fo the delay been away on vacation to North Wales,No not fixed yet,thanks for replies.daiol.

birdface 08:46 05 Aug 07

Googled, click here Dont open the sixth one down.I am afraid it is to complicated for me to offer any help.It could be your CMOS battery needing replaced but usually the first signs are loosing time or date,It does mention driver needing to be up-dated, You would have to check device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks,Maybe someone else will be able to give you the correct advice,Good luck Daiol hope you get it fixed and hope you enjoyed your holiday.

WXMAN 09:52 05 Aug 07

Daiol,try regedit, start run regedit
navigate to Hkey-local machine-
system-current control set-control-session manager-memory management (setCLEAR PAGE FILE AT SHUTDOWN to value 0)
it worked for me GLYN (N/WALES)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple