Slow Startup

babybell 19:02 18 Apr 06

Running XP Home on a relatively new pc but for some reason I am having a problem with slow startups which seem to have come from no where. When i bootup i get the blue welcome screen which stays for about 20 seconds but there is no noise of the pc working hard at anything, it's all nice and quiet. Next my background picture appears but no task bar or icons, again there is still no noise of the computer being "busy". After about 30 seconds, the task bar appears and all the icons, then the pc starts working through all the quick start icons and loading everything. Does anyone know what can be causing this?

ACOLYTE 19:21 18 Apr 06

To many thing's loading up? can you thin out the programs that start with windows.Putting in more Ram could speed up start times.

AndySD 19:36 18 Apr 06

Startup Programs Go Start then Run type in msconfig click Ok and choose the startup tab. click here use the search and untick any not needed.

babybell 23:26 18 Apr 06

Blimey that worked a treat. Don't know which one it was but it started up in under 10 seconds then! Thanx for your help guys!

EARLR 09:45 19 Apr 06

bookmarked

briskem1 10:26 19 Apr 06

go to bootvis.com and get the free download

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…