Slow start up in Win xp home

phil.smith 12:15 26 Feb 04

When I switch my comp starts up as usual but then just before Norton AV becomes active the startup slows completely and I have to wait upto 30 secs - I can go into my documents etc but have to wait for my scanner to load and Norton AV. Previously all loaded together even after installing Norton

Any one any ideas why this might be happening please?

Mankster 12:24 26 Feb 04

go to Start/run/ and type MSCONFIG ok then go to startup and remove all the ticks from the boxes of the programmes you don't need on startup,you can untick all if you require, then click OK and restart your PC, upon restart you will receive a message saying you have chosen to do selective start up put a tick in the box not to show message again, you will find your PC will start a lot quicker,it does not delete the programs just stops them running when you start your PC.

2xtreme 12:37 26 Feb 04

Don't know if it will be of use but there is an issue with the common client 1.09 version update that can affect startup. The info can be found on Symantec's website under support.
Document ID: 2003100708212113

BEVERLEY-256334 12:49 26 Feb 04

This is the same problem I have, i've just tried the advice from Mankster it,s worked a treat, start up is almost instant, don,t uncheck norton anti-virus though or you wont be protected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…