Slow Start + Shutdown of XP

I-W 09:51 04 Mar 05

Over the last coulpe of days I'v noticed that XP is taking longer and longer to start up (2 mins approx) and shut down (5 mins approx). I'm not sure if these messures help the speed of my pc but I regularly clean out temp intenet files, cookies and have disk keep for defrag. I also use mem turbo to keep an eye on my ram which at ultimate best runs at 399. I have a 2.5 ghz cpu. But seems to be constantl running sub 200. How can I speed up start up and shut down?

JonnyTub 10:31 04 Mar 05

remove unneccesary items from the startup list and also check your antivirus isn't causing the problems by scanning at these particular times

I-W 10:46 04 Mar 05

The antivirus is not scanning at these times and i'v removed all unecesary start up items but still the problem.

bertiecharlie 11:07 04 Mar 05

Is Event Viewer showing up any errors on startup and shutdown in the Application and/or System sections?

Start\All Programs\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer.

I-W 12:56 04 Mar 05

I have perfnet event 2002 error in application and service control manager event 7023 plus 3 servive control manager event 7000 in system. means nothing to me. hope you understand it

bertiecharlie 13:47 04 Mar 05

click here might shed some light. Choose your operating system (XP) and then type in the ID.No. (Event Viewer shows the time the error occurred so you would be interested in the errors which occurred at startup and shutdown).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…