slow start

striker11 12:57 14 Mar 08

my computer has become very slow in the initial start mode from when i turn it on until it loads my settings menu , can anyone help

Clapton is God 13:46 14 Mar 08

Have you done any PC housekeeping recently?

striker11 16:54 14 Mar 08

yes alot of cleaning up but still slow start up

Clapton is God 16:58 14 Mar 08

Do you really need all the programs you have on the PC?

Have you used msconfig to disable unnecessary programs/processes running in the background? This will help click here

striker11 18:56 14 Mar 08

yes i am only using 16% of my memory

striker11 19:19 14 Mar 08

its just when i turn on comp until the blue dots go across screen which is really slow

CodenameCueball 10:29 15 Mar 08

Do you know how much RAM you have? To check - click start, select 'Run', and type in 'winver' (no quotes). At the bottom it will tell you the Physical Memory Avaiable. tell us what you have.
The computer im on now says this: click here

striker11 12:35 15 Mar 08

512 mb

Bogbrain 15:08 15 Mar 08

If you're on any version of Win XP 512 meg of ram is barely enough to run everything, so it seems like a lack of ram problem - just add some more memory. Even if it doesn't solve the problem it won't do your pc any harm to install more memory as most pc's support way more than 512 meg of ram . . . .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…