slow start up

polish 18:03 14 Jul 04

i have recently changed from norton 2002 to 20004
sytem works and firewall but now start up takes ages the only thing that has changed is norton the firewall and antivirus is the only part of norton on start up which is set automatically.

Dan the Confused 19:57 14 Jul 04

I've use NAV2001 for 3 years and recently tried the trial version of NAV2004 which caused a much slower start up as well. It is much heavier on system resources, so much so that I decided to use AVG instead.

citadel 20:13 14 Jul 04

I have norton installed and it has no effect on start up time. A spring clean, unistalling old programs you no longer use and disabling rarely used programs from the start up list may improve your start up time.

Dorsai 20:13 14 Jul 04

I have no problem with start up, and i use Norton 2004, But i istalled xp and '04 at the same time, so never saw the startup time without '04 to compare the two. mine taked may-be 10secs max from turn on to 'sign in' screen, probably less. As am used to very old 233 PII's at work (2min at least) this seems very fast.

What used to seem fast last year seems slow now. I use to think my 3speed (sorta)BB conection was fast till i saw a mates PC with 10X. And he thinks his is SLOW...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…