WXMAN 10:36 20 Dec 05

Hi ,slow shutdown was cured 18 months ago,wait to kill reset from 20,000 -2,000 ,shutdown in 25
sec, nowback up to 3mins.I am unable to find
wait to kill,have been down the following,
regit, hkey_local_machine/system,current control set/control, on the right of the screen i have the setting wait to kill 2,000, but still have
3 min shutdown any advice please

Big Elf 10:47 20 Dec 05

You can force a shutdown by creating a shortcut with the properties %windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 0

I use it without problem but it will shutdown everything without asking for changes to be saved in open documents.

dagwoood 14:31 20 Dec 05

If you have errors numbered 1517 and 1524 in event viewer, you could try this click here

HTH, dagwoood.

Dazza40 19:59 30 Jul 06

Nortius Maximus 21:40 30 Jul 06

Auto kill tasks on shutdown

To allow Windows XP to close non-responsive applications automatically upon shutdown:

REGEDIT and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop'
Highlight the value 'AutoEndTasks.' Change the value to '1

Increasing XP shutdown speed - Reducing wait times

The first part of this tweak deals with setting the amount of time Windows will take to kill open applications on shutdown.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
Highlight the 'WaitToKillAppTimeout' Set value to '1000' (from 20000).
Highlight the 'HungAppTimeout' value Set it to '1000'

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
Highlight the 'WaitToKillAppTimeout' value. Set it to '1000' (the default should be 20000).
Highlight the 'HungAppTimeout' value. Set it to '1000' also.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ControlHighlight the value 'WaitToKillServiceTimeout' Change this value to '1000.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…