Slow running Toshiba Satellite U940 -100 Ultrabook core i3 1.75, 500GB 4MB

Jess May 20:30 PM 20 Jan 13

I just got a new laptop with the above specs and windows 8. When online working in google docs and streaming music from grooveshark it gets really slow and sticky in google docs which I didn't expect, pretty sure its not the internet connection. Im sure windows 8 is running loads of rubbish I don't need it to but not sure what! I expected it to be smoother...I also want to edit music on it and am wondering if windows 8 is the best operating system for me? I dont like at the mo! Any tips on what stuff I can turn off or other OS you can recommend to keep it tip top ?

Forum Editor 10:57 AM 21 Jan 13

I very much doubt that Windows8 is to blame.

You say you are "pretty sure its not the internet connection", but what makes you so sure? Both the uses you describe rely heavily on internet bandwidth to run smoothly, and if there isn't enough you will get the slow response times you mention.

Windows 8 is unlikely to be running "loads of rubbish I don't need", but your new laptop may well have stuff on it that fits that description. Take a look at the Windows8 start screen and see what software is installed. Right click or tap on the screen and select 'All apps' as well. You'll see everything that came with the computer, and you can uninstall anything you don't need

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone