Slow Radeon 9800 Pro

James-232064 19:21 21 Jul 03

I recently purchased a Dell 8300 P4 3000 with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with which I am blissfully happy, but have a slight problem with the graphics card. On running 3D Mark 2001 or 2003 the scores are significantly lower than the ones stated in various reviews (15000 ish versus 18000 ish for non overclocked systems) and compared to similar specifications on the Futuremark site.

I have double checked the installation of DirectX gotten the latest drivers from ATI but with no marked increase in scores. I also tried enabling/disabling hyperthreading and altering the default settings for the card in display properties but with no joy. Are there any obvious things I should be checking or changing in order to get the card working up to speed? Any advice would be appreciated!

Chegs ® 19:29 21 Jul 03

I have a Ti4800,DDR Ram,AMD 2.2Ghz CPU,and I still haven't managed to beat 10,000 on 3D,I have OC'ed my CPU/RAM etc,yet I cannot get anywhere near the scores that others claim with a similar card/cpu,etc.I wouldn't worry unduly about it and simply enjoy the puters obviously brill performance,and let those "more knowledgable" to wring every last bit out their puters.

James-232064 19:50 21 Jul 03

Very wise advice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…