Slow PCA site loading

TonyV 20:22 25 Jan 09

I have noticed over the past three or four days that the time it takes to load the PCA site is getting more and more slower!

I have looked at previous threads on the same subject, but have yet to find a suitable solution.

I have cleaned every thing out of the machine via CC and removed all cookies and cache details, run AdAware, CC, Disc Cleaner et al. but it has made not the slightest bit of difference. It is taking 20 to 30 seconds to initially load and the same to go to various pages. I am using IE7 and XP SP3.

Any one got any other ideas to speed the thing up? I hasten to add it is the only site that seems to be affected this way.

Cheers

TonyV

birdface 20:33 25 Jan 09

As a matter of interest what ISP do you have.

TonyV 20:35 25 Jan 09

PlusNet

woodchip 20:38 25 Jan 09

Just had hell of a job logging in

TonyV 20:39 25 Jan 09

As a matter of interest, I have just gone on to their site and it loaded almost instantaneously. There was a time when it used take a wee bit longer to load, but nothing like as slow as PCA is at the moment.

TonyV

TonyV 20:40 25 Jan 09

Presumably in to PCA?

TonyV

woodchip 20:40 25 Jan 09

This is on a XP Laptop on TalkTalk

woodchip 20:41 25 Jan 09

Yes PCA site

birdface 20:41 25 Jan 09

Not having any problems with it myself.

TonyV 20:46 25 Jan 09

I wonder if it is something to do with Java. I ask this in that when I used Firefox for a trial period, it always used to load in a strange fashion, with the outer margin where the link to the Helproom etc is, coming up with a blue foreground then changing to a blue background. But on the initial loading you could still see the text underneath the blue "foreground".

The answer to correct that was to un-check the Java script. But I can't see any equivalent option in IE7.

TonyV

VoG II 20:50 25 Jan 09

No problems here, Virgin (ISP not me :o) ).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…