Slow pc following trojan invasion...............

Sony 16:28 22 Apr 04

Hi there - after visiting an xbox site 9 lovely trojans attached themselves to my startpage. Now although they have been removed by trendmicro, avg and btyahoo software the pc is slower than a stoned tortoise. Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks - have run all the usual, cleaned everything to no avail.

Sony

lucky1 20:41 22 Apr 04

System Restore?

lucky1 21:16 22 Apr 04

..............or, and it's maybe stating the obvious, have you de-fragged recently?

Sony 20:36 23 Apr 04

Yes have defragged to no avail. System restore can you explain a bit more about that? I wondered if all of the virus software was conflicting.

Many thanks

Sonya

lucky1 20:51 23 Apr 04

If you have Windows ME or Windows XP as operating systems you should be able to 'roll back' your computer to a time when it was running properly using the System Restore facility. It may help.

In XP from the Desktop, select Accessories, then System Tools, then System Restore, You will see it gives you the opportunity, by selecting a date prior to your troubles (when you know your system was okay, to restore it to that time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…