Slow pc after recovering XP

astra46 20:09 13 Oct 03

I used my Mesh xp recovery disk on Friday, as i had deleted the system32/config file by accident. (By pressing the off button on shutdown i think)

My pc has been crashing, and i keep on getting the message windows virtual memory is too low. I have reseted it as suggested on this forum, as a result of one of my previous posts.

When i try to install my graphics card using the cd, my pc crashes and i can only reset using the reset button.

I have downloaded zonealarm and mcafee internet security/virus scan off a magazine coverdisk. I had the msblast worm and when i went onto the net for the firt time someone was tring to access my pc. Perhaps i am too paranoid??

Should i get rid of one of these, could these be causing problems?

Strange???

hugh-265156 02:32 14 Oct 03

as you have just reinstalled windows there will be updates available for it which may fix some issues click here get all the critical ones and any you feel apply to your set up.

get the latest video card drivers for your card either click here or click here

for an antivirus that shouldnt cause too many problems(and free)click here and for firewall try click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…