slow pc

conrail 17:33 23 May 09

using vista home premium, AMD phenom 8459 triple core processor 2.10GHx, 4 Gb RAM, ie8, pc is about 5 months old, it took 22 seconds from start to opening this page, whilst waiting I can move the mouse but not select any other program until page has loaded, only happen with web, other programs start as normal.
could it be ie8, started a few days after downloading it? or has anybody any other suggests, all help gratefully accepted

birdface 18:28 23 May 09

I wish I could open mine in 22 seconds.Mine takes well over a minute.When using this site it is usually better to have compatibility view ticked on IE8.Maybe a defrag might help.

Graphicool1 18:35 23 May 09

You might have to many programmes in loading in 'Startup'.

conrail 21:54 15 Jun 09

thanks for replies buteman and Graphicool1, everything either has settled down or I am used to it, sorry to have taken so long in replying, mother in law rushed to hspital so visiting twice a day, not much time for anything else, also very tiring, still she is on the mend,

glad shes getting better

Turn off programs at start up..

go to run and type in msconfig / start up..

go down the list...

things you dont need everyday..

programs re tick themselfs if you start them up..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…